The following guide will show you how to connect an email using SMTP on a mobile device using the most popular Gmail App and will also work for other SMTP supported mobile applications across Android and iOS.
Requirements to connect an email using SMTP on a mobile device:
- Gmail Application installed.
- Email account with SMTP details
- We are using example.com domain and firstname.lastname@example.org as email for demonstration
Incoming mail server: titan.basezap.com
Outgoing mail server: titan.basezap.com
- Standard SMTP details
IMAP Port: 993
POP Port: 995
Outgoing SMTP Port: 465Non-SSL-Settings
IMAP Port: 143
POP Port: 110
Outgoing SMTP Port: 587 / 25
Note: IMAP is recommended
- If you are using Cloudflare’s nameserver then make sure the mail.domain.com A/CNAME records are not being proxied, otherwise, the mail system will not work.
- Open the Gmail application on your mobile device.
- Click on add account.
- A window to select from various emails would appear on your screen. Select the Other (IMAP) option.
4. Enter your email address which you would like to add.
5. Fill in the incoming server details (IMAP server, Port and the Security type) with respect to your email and then click next
6. Now fill in the outgoing server details (SMTP server, Port and the Security type).
7. Your account is set up and the emails are on their way, now add your display name.
You’re all done and now you have successfully set up your email using IMAP over SMTP on your mobile device.
As you can see now that you’re signed in your Gmail app using SMTP.
Need to create an email account on cPanel/DirectAdmin Server? Check the guide below for detailed steps.